Monday, June 2, 2014

Wedding Weekend

This weekend was a very busy one.  It all started Friday night with preparations for Ang's personal shower coming up on Saturday.  I ended up getting a migraine which gave us a bit of a funny story in that I lost my vision while shopping for shower supplies and inadvertently brought home purple ribbon rather than navy blue.  I had no idea it was purple until Ty told me.  Thankfully he did so before I made all the centerpieces or I would've been extremely stressed out when I woke up in the morning.  I had picked up coral and navy blue (actually purple) so I was able to make everything with coral instead which worked out well.
Friday was Carter's last day of daycare!!!

Saturday morning since my head was still killing me Ty got up with Carter so I could sleep in.  By the time I woke up Ty had already loaded the car and made the punch for the shower.  Talk about knight in shining armor!  We needed to make it to Arkansas in time for the bridesmaid luncheon at noon, so I quickly got ready, finished packing for Carter and myself, and we headed out.  Carter napped for about an hour in the car and then played with books and toys the rest of the way.  We had a little bit of time before the luncheon so we all walked around the little strip mall area where the restaurant was.  The luncheon was delicious and it was a lot of fun to see everyone.  Ty and Carter came back to pick me up a little bit early so I could head over to the hotel and set up for the personal shower.  On the drive Ty shared stories of their adventures at a playground they'd found and walking down in the creek.  I was a little bit bummed out I'd missed out on all the Carter fun, but I had just as much fun at the luncheon.
Eating barbeque with daddy.
Carter made friends at the park.
Playing in the creek.

Ty helped me start setting up for the shower while Carter ran around the room screaming.  The acoustics of the room seemed to really please him and he was all about listening to his echo.  Then my parents and one of Ang's other friends who was in charge of the guest book arrived.  I was impressed with how everything came together because as I was going over everything I needed to finish up for the shower on Friday, I realized I hadn't planned centerpieces.  I was able to use mostly stuff I had at home with the coral ribbon I bought and flowers that fit the color scheme.  When I walked into the luncheon they had the cutest lace table runners and green jars filled with coral flowers as centerpieces.  I asked if we could also borrow them for the shower and the host obliged.  The green vases added height to the centerpieces I had made and the lace made the tables look fancier.  It worked out perfectly.  Ang enjoyed the shower and the guests seemed to have fun.  I found party hats and noise makers at Target and used them as my color pallete as well as focusing on navy and coral (the wedding colors).  I didn't think anyone would actually wear the party hats, but everyone did!  We played a little game that anytime someone said Ang's name we'd blow our noise makers and that went over really well and was extremely funny!

The spread at Ang's personal shower.
The adorable cookies made by Celebrations by Lori.
Centerpieces on the tables.  The green bottles were borrowed.
The gift table.
Ang with some of her gifts.  She forgot to put her heels back on after the luncheon.
After cleaning up from the shower and taking everything up to the hotel room it was almost time to leave for the rehearsal dinner.  We played with Carter for a little while in my parents room and then headed out.  I figured we'd make it home a little bit before Carter went down, so I didn't tell him good night.  We ended up not getting back until after 9:00, so he was asleep when we returned.  I enjoyed getting to know a couple of the other bridesmaids as well as some of Kelson's (the groom) friends during the dinner.  When we got back I went to Ang's room for a while to paint my fingernails and hang out.  She told me one of her famous "Dear Diary" stories and then I headed back to my parents' room.  We stayed up talking until almost midnight. 

I figured I'd wake up early with Carter Sunday morning and run before leaving for the wedding.  I couldn't believe it when Carter woke me up and it was almost 9:00!  I can't think of a time in the last year when he has slept that late in the morning!  I needed the sleep, so I didn't mind that I didn't have time to run.  I got ready, dressed in my bridesmaid dress, and headed down to the lobby with Carter to meet up with everyone.  Ang texted me and asked me to bring Carter to her room so she could see him.  I hadn't known what to do with my hair so I had just straightened it.  Ang fancied it up for me when I got there.
We left for the wedding site at 11:00.  The rehearsal and pictures were before the wedding.  The wedding began at 2:00 and was super quick.  As I was approaching the aisle I got really excited to see Ty, my mom, and my dad.  I hadn't seen Carter in hours and I couldn't wait to see him.  As I walked by I noticed my mom was trying to put Carter's head into her chest and it didn't click with me why until Carter caught a glimpse of me and screamed out "mama, mama, mama" until Ty had to take him and walk far enough away so we couldn't hear him anymore.  Everything was beautiful and went by so quickly!  When we entered the reception area, Carter had the same response when seeing me and this time I was able to go find him and hold him for a while.  My parents had taken him to Kohl's and bought him a suit, so he was looking very handsome.  During the cake cutting he made friends with Kelson's nephews and kept staring at them and attempting to talk.  He also met a friend's 5 month old and stared at her repeatedly saying "hi" over and over like he was expecting her to respond.
Ang with her mom before the wedding.
Kelson and Ang's first dance as husband and wife.
With the beautiful bride.
Handsome suited up boy!
Carter making friends with Kelson's nephew.

My handsome baby in his suit!
Enjoying a dance with both my boys.  Carter would stand by us and fuss when we danced, so we had him join in.
The reception was over by 4:00.  We enjoyed playing in the hotel room and doing some sight seeing before Carter's bedtime.  Ty and I went for a short run while Carter ate his dinner.  Then I gave him a shower which he wasn't fond of until I took off all my clothes and got in with him, holding him the entire time.  He just didn't want to stand under the constant stream of water.  After Carter went to bed Ty and I were hungry for dinner, but neither of my parents were.  So Ty and I headed out in gym shorts, me with a half-assed shower and him without showering at all, for a date night.  We decided on Buffalo Wild Wings and I laughed at our appearance and restaurant choice for a date, but wholeheartedly enjoyed holding Ty's hand, sitting next to him in the booth, sharing an order of wings, and having the chance to chat.  It was the perfect date.  We again stayed up until midnight talking with my parents when we got back.  Luckily Carter slept until 7:30 Monday morning so we got to sleep in again.
Keepin it classy on our date!  I was as tired as I look!
I got up with Carter and we went down to the lobby, ate breakfast, and played for about an hour before heading back upstairs.  We played for a while and then it was time to leave because I needed to be back by noon to work a half-day.  When we returned to town Ty dropped me off at work and headed home to hang out with Carter.  I finished packing my classroom materials up, checked out with the office, turned in my ID badge and keys while Ty loaded everything into the car.  I am officially on summer break and am no longer employed!  We left at about 4:00 and I felt so good all evening playing with Carter, unpacking, and straightening up the house.  I'm so ready to start this new chapter in our lives and am pleased it is finally here!  Ty mowed the lawn so I took Carter out with his new mower from Uncle Kelly and Mary.  I wanted to get a picture of him mowing next to his daddy, but he was too scared of daddy's loud mower.  Carter didn't get too much mowing done because I loaded the bubbles.  He would push the mower, watch the bubbles, run to the side, crouch down and watch the bubbles, and then repeat.  Ty mowed half the lawn in the amount of time Carter moved about 4 feet.  Tomorrow I will wake up with nowhere to go and nothing to do other than play with Carter until my 5:00 tutoring appointment!  Thank you summertime!
My empty classroom.
Watching the bubbles as he mows.
Stopping to look at the bubbles.


Mowing with daddy.

Carter preferred watching daddy through the window where he couldn't hear the rumble of the engine.
 

4 comments:

  1. He really enjoyed watching Ty. Look at his thighs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see pictures of his new mower in action!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete