Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

Last week Ty was part of a special project at work.  On Friday he got to leave early and arrived home while Carter was napping.  After eating lunch and relaxing for a while Ty headed out to mow the lawn.  When Carter woke up he heard the weed eater and exclaimed "daddy" just like he does anytime he hears someone mowing or weed eating.  I took him outside to check and see who was weed eating.  He was ecstatic to see it was actually his daddy!  We all trekked to the library together where Carter received his summer reading program medal for visiting the library 4 times and reading 8 books.  It was so exciting to have Ty with us when Carter got his medal!
Carter enjoying his snack in a chair rather than his high chair!

Saturday morning I got up with Carter and let Ty sleep in.  Ty woke up at 7:30 and I headed out for my long run.  I'm up to 10 miles and hate putting Carter through that long in the stroller.  It was really windy so it was nice to run without the stroller.  I got home in time to shower and quickly get ready before we headed to Ty's aunt and uncle's house.  They live in a nearby suburb and his grandparents, other aunt and uncle, and cousin were all in town visiting.  It was so much fun to see everyone and I enjoyed hanging out so much, I totally failed on taking pictures, but I do have a few cute stories.

Ty's Uncle Marty pulled some Milk Duds and Smarties out of his pocket and put them on the coffee table.  Carter kept walking over to them and looking at me, then looking back at the candy.  He never touched them, he just kept pleading with his eyes.  After he'd done it 3 or 4 times, Ty's grandpa said to me, "Give him one of those."  So I did.  Carter loved it and it was so cute that his antics had moved his grandpa and made him want Carter to have some.  He's walking with a cane right now and Carter loved it.  Anytime Great Grandpa Shupe was walking, Carter ran up behind him and grabbed onto his cane.  Grandpa Shupe would stop and wait for Carter to get a good grip so they could walk together.

We all went out to dinner at one of Ty and my favorite Mexican restaurants.  While we were waiting on our food I walked Carter around the table to sneak up on his Great Grandma.  He would say "boo!" and she'd act surprised.  It was adorable and he had a blast.  After dinner everyone came back to see our house and play with Carter for a bit before his bath.  My parents were in town for some inspections on the house Thomas is in the process of buying.  They came over to see Carter before bed.  After Carter went to bed my dad took Harper on a walk with me, we all sat around and talked for a while, enjoyed some ice cream, and then my parents headed home.

Today Ty got up with Carter and let me sleep in.  My long run had kicked in and I was exhausted!  We watched some World Cup soccer while Carter napped and then I decided to spruce up our laundry room.  I've been kicking around the idea of painting the room.  I went through all of our left over paint and decided on the paint from our bedroom and then the turquoise accent color I used in the main bathroom and on some hangings in our bedroom for an accent wall behind the washer and dryer.  I hung some flower pictures we had originally hung in our guest room but took down when we turned it into Carter's big boy room.  I also hung the curtains Carter's Gigi had made for our guest room and we took down because they didn't match his big boy room.  I was so excited to turn the room into somewhere I enjoyed being without spending any money.  I kept finding reasons to go in there and soak up the prettiness throughout the night.



We had such a fun weekend with family and a productive weekend cleaning and decorating the house.  The best part is that even though tomorrow is Monday, I still get to spend all day with Carter!  We are looking forward to more family time later this week for the 4th of July!

4 comments:

  1. Just picturing Carter holding onto Grandpa's cane is the sweetest thing! Grandpa Shupe is such a softie - Carter is going to know how to work candy out of him now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is and Carter knows who to go to to get what he wants. It's never momma!

      Delete
  2. That is an adorable story. I remember Nathan loved Judy's cane when she had one because of her hip replacement. Also, the curtains are perfect with the paint color. It's like they were made just for that.

    ReplyDelete