Monday, June 15, 2020

What the Kids Say About Their Opa

I always love doing these with the kids. It's cute to me that Elise still tends to answer her favorite food for everyone else when she's answering these questions. Happy Father's Day to my awesome dad and the kids' amazing Opa! Read what the kids said last year here, in 2018 here, and in 2017 here.




What is something Opa always says to you?
Carter: He says funny stuff. 
Elise: That he loves me. 

What makes your Opa happy?
Carter: Whenever I do something funny. 
Elise: When he gets tickled in the foot and when I kiss him. 

What makes your Opa sad?
Carter: Whenever I don't do something funny.
Elise: When we're not there. 

How does your Opa make you laugh?
Carter: Doing something funny. 
Elise: By tickling me on the foot but not anymore because I grew up. 

What was your Opa like as a child?
Carter: He was like Dav Pilkey because he was funny like Dav Pilkey. 
Elise: He liked playing games and he liked mac and cheese. That's what I bet. 

How old is your Opa?
Carter: Hmmm, 50, no 54! 
Elise: 50

How tall is your Opa?
Carter: 60 
Elise: 68 

What is your Opa's favorite thing to do?
Carter: Doing funny stuff. 

Elise: He likes to play with me and I love him to.

What does your Opa do when you're not around?
Carter: Do funny stuff to himself in the mirror. 

Elise: He had fun things and does things with Oma.

If your Opa becomes famous, what will it be for?
Carter: For doing really funny jokes.
Elise: For doing jokes. 

What is your Opa really good at?
Carter: Making funny jokes. 
Elise: Funny, very funny jokes. 

What is your Opa not very good at?
Carter: Not doing jokes. 
Elise: Balancing on only one foot and on only one hand. 

What does your Opa do for a job?
Carter: He's a teacher on a computer. 
Elise: Cleans the dishes. 

What is your Opa's favorite food?
Carter: Cheeseburgers 
Elise: Mac and cheese and other things. 

What makes you proud of your Opa?
Carter: Doing funny jokes.
Elise: Doing famous jokes.

If your Opa were a character who would he be?
Carter: He would be Curious George because Curious George is funny. 
Elise: He would be the monkey in the hat because he's goofy. He's called George, the monkey. 

What do you and your Opa do together?
Carter: Go out to restaurants. 
Elise: Fun games. 

How are you and your Opa the same?
Carter: We both are funny.
Elise: We have the same skin. 

How are you and your Opa different?
Carter: We not as tall as eachagether.
Elise: We don't have as long of hair as eachagether.  

How do you know your Opa loves you?
Carter: Because he does funny jokes for me.
Elise: Because his heart, it pumps fast and he kisses me. 

What does your Opa like most about you?
Carter: That I'm friendly.
Elise: That I do not litter when I eat food and then it has trash, I put it in the trash can. 

Where is your Opa's favorite place to go?
Carter: To the pizza place!
Elise: Everywhere

How old was your Opa when you were born?
Carter: 56
Elise: Ummm, 1?  




10 comments:

  1. Very cute. And Elise is right, he does things with me when everyone is not around. :) They're looking so grown up, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprises me when I look at pictures from earlier in the year that the look so much bigger and more grown up now!

      Delete
  2. And I'm not sure all his jokes are funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, true. Some of them definitely bomb...

      Delete
    2. Carter seems to think they're all funny! haha

      Delete
  3. This was the best:
    "What does your Opa do when you're not around?
    Carter: Do funny stuff to himself in the mirror."
    Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, yes, that one was a bit embarrassing!

      I really like your Boston Marathon blog. You have always been a really good runner, but now you have done some freakin' amazing things. I am really glad that you and Elizabeth are running buddies.

      Delete
    2. Liz is a really good writer (as you know!) so was perfect for my first feature. Running has given me so much over the years, so it's fun to share stories of others and try to give a little back! I'm glad I've connected with your family; you guys are pretty awesome and the way you and Sondra support all of your children and grandchildren is amazing. :-)

      Delete
  4. I have the most amazing and insightful grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carter really got off on a tangent about you being funny!

      Delete