Thursday, November 28, 2019

The Kids are Thankful

Every year the kids write thankful strips throughout the month of November. We then staple the strips together to make a chain and they tear the strips off during December to countdown to Christmas. It's nice to read what we wrote and be reminded we have a lot to be thankful for as we get excited for Christmas festivities! This year Elise wrote her own strips and it was adorable. She's come a long way since the first year when she just screamed random words at me. It was so sweet to see how she wrote her strips. She understands that letters make words and we write letters to create words and meanings. She wrote letters she knew and can write. Many of the strips have her name and the letters in her name written over and over. Others have her name and other letters she can write. Looking at her strips makes me so happy. I loved that she was excited to write and put herself out there, attempting to do something that is difficult for her without fear. She continues to impress me! She enjoyed writing them so much, she'd go get them and ask me to pull out a couple for her to write. Carter wrote his own strips, practicing capital letters at the beginning of the sentence and a period at the end. They sure are growing up! Read what they were thankful for last year here, in 2017 here, what Carter was thankful for in 2016 here, and 2015 here.

Carter is thankful for:
  • food
  • tablets
  • family
  • Elise
  • toilets
  • Dog Man (his favorite book)
  • people
  • food
  • Mommy
  • clay
  • candy
  • Elise
  • Tesla
  • me
  • hearts
  • Daddy
  • apples
  • Skippy
  • everything
  • the house
  • phones
  • pants
  • pencils
socks
Carter drew a toilet and then later added someone pooping to the toilet.
I thought this picture was adorable!
Elise is thankful for:
  • Mommy
  • cats
  • camping
  • rainbow
  • dogs
  • mouths and tooths and rainbows
  • my dad
  • my mom
  • my food
  • God
  • cats
  • Oma and Opa
  • Uncie J and Uncie Taco
  • daddy
  • pets
  • my cat, I love him!
  • paper
  • pears
  • glitter
  • God
  • my mom
  • scissors to cut
  • daddy
  • eyelashes


With this one, she'd seen Carter writing I'm on all of his strips so she wrote it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment