Friday, July 1, 2016

Those Little Moments

We have a July 4th sensory bin right now with some red, silver, and blue bead necklaces. Elise loves putting them on and then taking them off, doing it over and over and over again. I love watching her learn something new and then practicing it over and over. It's so sweet to see her work so hard to pull them off and it has been amazing to see her drastically improve her ability to put them on and take them off in a short period of time. The first day she would sometimes miss her head and be confused when the necklace was sliding down her back, now she gets it on every time. She used to stand pulling so hard trying to get her necklace off that I was worried she was going to hurt her neck, now she effortlessly pulls them up and over her head. All that practice really showed. Today as I watched her put her necklace on and have it slide under one arm so she was wearing it like a messenger bag, I had a flashback. I remembered Carter doing the exact same thing when I had green beads out for St. Patrick's Day. He worked so hard to put them on by himself and would occasionally get it looped like that under his arm. It made watching Elise even sweeter, remembering Carter doing the same thing. When I thought about it, he was doing it in March around 15 months old and Elise is doing it in July at about 15 months old. I love the similarities, it makes it all the more precious. I just love my babies so much!
Elise putting beads on.

Carter wearing beads on St. Patrick's Day 2014 at 15 months old.
Carter on the left at 15 months playing in a water sensory bin with beads, Elise on the right at 15 months playing with a rice sensory bin with beads.


2 comments:

  1. Very sweet. They look a lot different here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely do! It's so cute to see them doing the same thing!

      Delete