Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! Our morning started with a Firecracker 5k, more on that to come later. My parents got the kids some adorable shirts for the holiday and then my mom found some precious shoes for Elise at a thrift store so I just had to get some festive pictures of the kids. I waited until Ty was home so I had help and the shoot still didn't go very well. The kids were hungry and wanted to eat dinner so they weren't very cooperative and I didn't want to bribe them with treats so close to dinner so I bribed them with the bead necklaces from the sensory bin. I love staging photos on our mantle with their legs dangling because it makes Elise look so tiny and I want my baby to stay a baby for as long as possible! We have some fun plans for today starting with kids events and vendor sales at the park and then ending with some fireworks at my parents' house before driving home so Ty can work tomorrow. I'm linking up with Sarah for Star Spangled Kids, check it out to see more adorable patriotic kid pics!
 
 
 
I took this picture this morning after a neighborhood parade we went to.

8 comments:

  1. What cuties! I have to bribe for photos too! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from the link-up. Your boys are such cuties! Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The little one is actually a girl who refuses to wear bows lol.

      Delete
  3. I love the picture where Carter and Elise are looking at each other. Next year I will get Elise a ruffled skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of my favorites too. Hopefully by then she'll have more hair, lol!

      Delete
  4. I love their festive shirts! XOXO Stopping by from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete