Thursday, July 7, 2016

One Fabulous Weekend!

This past weekend was such a blast! Ty had to work a half-day on Saturday so we left Saturday at naptime to head to my hometown for the July 4th weekend. I texted my 2 best friends who still live in the area so we could get together while we were in town. Melissa invited us to go with her to our friend Josh's house for his 7th annual slip 'n slide party. He has invited me in the past and I've never been able to make it so I was pretty excited we would be in town for this one. I showed Ty videos from previous years and he was on board. Then Carter saw one and it was all he would talk about. He just couldn't wait to get there so he could play on the water slide. We stopped by my parents' house to drop off the dogs and change and then we headed out for the slip 'n slide party. I was iffy on whether we should take Elise or not because she'd only taken an hour nap in the car and I wasn't sure she'd like the slip 'n slide, but I'm so glad we took her. She had a blast going down either in my lap or Ty's lap and even giggled toward the end of the slide a few times. Carter was a beast constantly going down the slide, jumping up, and running all the way up the hill to go again. I decided I wanted to try the adult slip 'n slide that had a ramp into a swimming pool. It took me a couple tries to get enough speed built up to make it over the ramp but was a blast once I did. My first time down I jumped wrong on the tube and popped it which was hilarious for everyone. Around 7:00 I told Carter it was about time to go. I gave him the option of going down one last time, but he was exhausted and just wanted to go home. Both kids slept really hard that night and I got 4,000 steps during the party just walking back up the hill to go down the slide again!
A panoramic picture Ty took of the slip n slide.
 
Melissa had me pose with the tube I popped.



Since we were in town the weekend before our 5th anniversary, I really wanted to take the kids out to the wilderness trails where Ty proposed. I thought it would be fun to hike together and to show them where Ty had asked me to marry him. We made it out there Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately there had been a lot of rain and with it, lots of mosquitoes. We ended up cutting our walk short due to mobs of mosquitoes following us like a cloud so we didn't even make it out to where Ty popped the question. It was still a lot of fun and I'm glad we went out even though the mosquito situation was so ridiculous. We will just have to head back out there again when we are back in town.
 
 
 
Sunday evening we walked up to a firework stand near my parents' house to pick up fireworks for that evening and the next day. Since Ty had to work on Tuesday we knew we would be back on the road before dark on the 4th of July so we decided to do some fireworks on Sunday night and then save some daytime fireworks for the next day. Carter doesn't like loud noises so we stuck to all quiet fireworks and he really enjoyed them this year. He was so cute with the sparklers and always wanted someone else to do one at the same time he did so he could play with someone. He will definitely enjoy it when Elise is a bit older and can participate with him. We had such an awesome weekend that was topped off with a wonderful 4th of July, read my post about it here. It sure was a blast!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. The panoramic picture of the water slides was great! Good action picture of Carter and a sparkler. The weather has been wild, hasn't it? I got bites walking the dogs, and that never happens. Well, except for oak gall mite bites, and they're not cycling this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been and then this morning it was 81 degrees when I ran at 5 am and 71 degrees by the time I took the kids out for our morning playdate!

      Delete