Friday, July 22, 2016

Funny Stuff Carter Says

Me: You're such a good big brother, Carter!
Carter: I know!

"I'm gonna sing a song, a special love song, a dinner song!"

Pointing to copyright info on bottom of Candyland box because he didn't want Elise to play...
"This says babies are not allowed. Babies are not allowed to walk on it or sit on it or play with it."
Don't worry, he ended up letting her play.

I was running with the kids in the double stroller and a man passing by yelled to me.
Random Man: You get your exercise!
Carter: Yep!
Long pause
Carter: Mommy, I told that man yes because I get lots of exercise!

"I'm sick in my nose. Can you tell all of my friends? Can you call them and tell them? Can you call Isaac and tell him I'm sick in my nose? Can you call Hayden and tell him? Can you call Olivia and tell her?" He just had a runny nose.

We were at the zoo looking at a giant snapping turtle.
Carter's Friend: Turtle, you are fat!
Carter: Don't say fat, you could hurt someone's feelings.

Carter: I'm going to dry off and then get back in the water.
Me: Why would you dry off and then get back in?
Carter: Because I like fun and fun is good.

Elise threw her grapes on the floor.
Me: Uh oh, that's not nice!
Carter: No, but when she gets older, she'll know better and she'll say, "I won't throw food on the floor anymore." When she's 4, she'll do that.
Me: But you're 3 and you don't throw food on the floor.
Carter: Yeah, but only when it's yucky food. Then I throw it on the floor and Harper eats it.

Me: It's 75 degrees.
Carter: So it's going to snow?!!?
Me: No, it has to be 32 degrees or below to snow.
Carter: Okay, well when it's going to snow, tell me.
Me: It's going to be a long time before it snows, buddy.
Carter: Okay, well just don't tell me the temperature again until it's going to snow.

"I put a heart on my cheek because I love you so much."
Carter had been playing with stickers and I looked back to see this after he said that...

"Sissy follows me around and I follow you around. That's how we learn. Sissy follows me a little and I follow you a lot. We watch and that's how we learn. Babies need their mommies for food and then they get bigger and watch and learn from them."

Me: Carter you look so tired. Are you going to sleep like a wildebeest?
Carter: No, I'm going to sleep like a chicken.
Me: A chicken? How does a chicken sleep?
Carter: In a nest. I'm going to sleep like a chicken in a nest.

We were at the art museum and he saw a lady playing with her hair. 
"I like to play with my mommy's hair. She puts stuff in it so it's soft and I can play with it. I'd like to have long hair I can play with but boys have short hair."

"Sissy, you are so cute. I'm so glad you are awake." Right after she woke up from her nap.

"Since you had hard work on my puzzle, I'll help you with dinner."

I asked him if he wanted to do a puzzle with me. He said no because the puzzle I picked out was too hard. I told him he was good at puzzles and he could do it. As we were doing the puzzle he said,
"You were right, mom, I am good at this! I am good at puzzles!"
Working on the puzzle that was too hard with an Elise top of the head photo bomb.

Carter: Do you remember Brody? Brody is Ty's 21 year old cousin.
Me: Yes, of course I do!
Carter: He's my best friend.

Carter: Mommy, where is Gpa and his friend, Uncle Mighty?
Me: You mean Gpa's brother, Uncle Kelly?

2 comments: