Saturday, March 21, 2020

Elise is 5: What She Says

This year has been very different than past years. Elise's birthday party was supposed to be the weekend before her birthday but she came down with the flu so we postponed it a week. Then everything with the coronavirus started blowing up and we had to postpone her party once again. Her party is now scheduled for the end of May and I'm hopeful that is late enough! When asked what she wanted to do for her birthday, back in January, she said she wanted to stay in a hotel. Since her birthday was the Saturday after spring break we decided to take a little spring break trip and I'd run a half-marathon while we were there. But then the race got cancelled and we decided it wasn't a good idea to travel so we cancelled the trip as well. Elise has been amazing and understanding and has handled all the changes so well! She has still been really excited about her birthday and every time she talks about turning 5 it blows my mind! How is she 5 already? Yesterday Carter was talking about having a lemonade stand this summer and told Elise it would just be him and his friend. I told him he would definitely want Elise to be involved because she's so cute and everyone would want to buy lemonade from her. Elise said, "Will people still think I'm cute tomorrow when I turn 5?" So cute! Read what she said about herself at 4 years old last year here and at 3 years old here.



What are your nicknames?
Elise Kay Cox

How old are you?
5

What is your favorite color?
Blue

What is your favorite animal?
Giraffe and otters

What is your favorite book?
Shimmer and Shine

What is your favorite TV show?
Spiderman

What is your favorite movie?
Frozen II and Frozen

What is your favorite song?
The Frozen II one, I like to sing it in the bathroom. Did you hear me? I was singing that song in the bathroom, "The cold never bothered me anyway..."

What is your favorite food?
Mac and cheese

What is your favorite drink?
Water

What is your favorite breakfast food?
Waffles

What is your favorite snack?
Fruit snacks

What is your favorite game?
Hatchimal Game

What is your favorite thing to play?
Kids

What is your favorite toy?
LOL Surprises

Who is your best friend?
Cable and Beckett and Kyra and Charlee

What is your favorite thing to do?
Be with my friends.

What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Swings

What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas 

What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
Otty

Where is your favorite place to go?
Oma and Opa's house

What is your favorite restaurant?
Panera

Where do you want to go on vacation?
Hotel

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A girl that opens up eggs. (She's been watching videos of this guy who raises and hatches snake eggs).

Anything else you want to tell me about yourself?
I'm good at flips.




4 comments:

  1. Adorable! In general, I think kids are better at adapting to stuff like this than adults. They are resilient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both my kids are handling it so well. I've been very impressed. You are so right.

      Delete
  2. What a great kid! I love her answers. I saw the Wichita half was supposed to be this week end, and it made me a little sad. But, I'm a giant goober. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they still haven't announced if they're doing a virtual race or deferring to next year or what.

      Delete