Friday, April 8, 2016

Funny Stuff Carter Says

"My hiney is itchy! I need to put some baby whipped cream on it!" referring to diaper cream.

While we were visiting Jeremy in Houston I was taking a shower and could hear Carter up to something in the hotel room.
Me: Carter, what are you doing?
Carter: Putting things in the freezer.
Me: Like what?
Carter: I don't want to tell you.
I give him my mom look.
Carter: Your shoes and my rain boots.

Me to Elise while pointing to her in the mirror: Who's that pretty girl!?
Carter pointing at me in the mirror: Who is THAT pretty girl?!

Carter runs in from outside.
"Look at my treasures! I'm gonna put them in a bowl so them can be safe. See, a snail shell, a dandelion, and a sea shell. Those are treasures!"

"I'm going to take the rest of the blueberries but if sissy wants more I will give her some off my plate."

Carter: What number does it say?
Me: Like what temperature it is?
Carter: Yes!
Me: Let me check... It's 63 degrees.
Carter: Ohhhh, that will be cold!

At the end of our grocery store trip Ty and I were praising Carter for how good he was while we were shopping.
"Yeah, because I understand! I used to be this many (showing 2 fingers) and I didn't understand. But now I'm this many (showing 3 fingers) so I understand. I growed up more and got bigger."

We hosted a playgroup at our house and afterward were talking about the new friends Carter made.
Carter: Which one was naked?
Me: Nobody was naked.
Carter: Who was the one with no pants on?
Me: Oh, the girl who was in a dress?
Carter: Yes, she had no pants!

"I'm going to take my noculars (binoculars) in the library so I can look for polar animals. Won't that be embarrassing?"

Me to Ty: If people see me out and about with Elise's eye and Carter's cut, they're going to think I'm a bad mom.
Carter: No, you are a good mommy!

"Will you come in my room with me? I don't want to be lonely!"

"I love your hair, it looks so pretty!" Said to me after I had just taken it out of a ponytail after wearing it up wet all day.

Carter: Daddy, let's stop and get a new kitty and doggy.
Ty: No, we don't need any more animals.
Carter: Well, not to keep. We'll just play with them and then take them back.

"Mommy do you see them girls and boy? When we walk by, them gonna ask us if we want to buy girl cookies." Can you tell it's Girl Scout cookie season?

"Sissy learned me to do that." While shaking his head as he danced.

Me: We are going on a playdate.
Carter: Who's house?
Me: Olivia
Carter: Oh, she's a great girl!

Elise bumped my phone and Siri's voice came on.
"That's the lady who tells us where to go in the car."

While walking Bobbie during a hike.
"Bobbie, I always wanted you to be my dog but Oma and Opa got you first."

Carter: What is that?
Me: A root.
Carter: What is it for?
Me: It takes water up to the tree so it can be healthy. All plants and animals need water.
Carter: And food!

Me: Are you my silly bo billy?
Carter: No, I'm your love bug.

Me: Make sure you eat your fruits and vegetables too. They are what helps you grow big and strong.
Carter: But Harper eats god food and poop. That won't help her grow!

Carter: I really want to suck my thumb but it's yucky!
Me: Why?
Carter: I spilled bubble stuff on it.

While I was nursing Elise Carter said he was going to go get some cereal for breakfast. When he returned to her room without a bowl the following conversation ensued.
Me: How was your breakfast?
Carter: Good.
Me: What did you eat?
Carter turns his head away and won't answer.
Me: Carter, what did you eat?
Carter: M ah M's (M&M's)
Me: Oh no, that's not a breakfast food. How many did you eat.
Carter: 5 or 6... I think 6.

Carter was rambling while singing a song and then yelled out, "And my poop stinks!"

"I can't run. My bones are tired."

Me to Ty as Carter was drying off from his shower: Carter has the sweetest little legs. Look at them! Every time I see them I just want to kiss them.
Carter: You can kiss them! Runs over to me. Here!

Funny Stories:

I was reading Elise a touch and feel farm book when she bent over with her head right against the book. I couldn't figure out what she was doing at first and then realized she was biting the sheep's wool that was a touch portion of the book.

2 comments: