Monday, October 19, 2020

Funny Stuff the Kids Say

While eating dinner, "Even though I don't like what you made, I don't hate you. I still love you." -Elise

"Why is your skin so much browner than ours?" -Carter, talking to me, lol!

The kids both call crickets, "jumping cockroaches".

Carter to Elise: You think dadda's the fastest when mommy's around?! Then he starts laughing hysterically.

Ty had an exposure to Covid at work and the following conversations occurred between the time he found out and when he got tested. He ended up testing negative.

Carter to Ty: Before you go back to work, take your temperature!
Elise to Ty: Yeah, I don't want you to get the sickness!

I kissed Ty when he got home from work and Elise said, "What are you doing, do you want daddy to get you sick?!"

"This is an audiobook, don't let them see me." -Elise turned the phone to face the wall while she was reading to Oma and Opa over FaceTime.

"Why can't they put me to sleep when they do this?" -Carter getting skin glue

"Daddy came in to kiss me and his hair smells good too. Not as good as yours. It smelled like flowers."-Carter

"I always know we're getting close to Gma and Gpa's because the rocks we circle around." -Carter talking about roundabouts

"She learned me." -Elise when she talks about someone teaching her something

"Mommy already ate her slime!" -Elise talking about my Gu when I got home from a long run

Elise: I don't like hairy stuff, that's why I don't like your nipples.
Ty: Yeah
Elise: Yes, this hairy place, like here.
She lifts her arm and shows her armpit.
Ty: Oh, my armpit, but my nipples are hairy too.

Carter: Why aren't you coming outside to play?
Me: Because I want to rest for a little bit. While you guys were all resting and watching tv, I was working in the kitchen so I'm tired.
Elise: And she ran a really long mile yesterday so I believe she's tired! (referring to my marathon)

"Don't drink the milk, it tastes like dead chickens!" -Carter

Elise: What about my other teacher who always talks in Spanish?
Me: Sra. Contreras, you already made her a picture.
Elise: No, the other one who does math.
She was talking about videos from Eureka Math.

Me: Singing along to Poker Face by Lady Gaga.
Carter: Did it say Booger Face?
Me: No, she says Poker Face.
I continue singing along.
Carter: What is she saying?
Me: Poker face.
Carter: Are you sure it's not Booger Face?

4 comments: