Monday, December 5, 2022

Funny Stuff

"Have you ever noticed if there's a series of books, it's just the first one that wins an award?" -Carter

"So, I heard our new bus driver ask Siri how to get to our place." -Elise

Elise was fighting with Carter because he started vacuuming her room for her and she wanted to do it. He came in all upset that she wanted to vacuum her room so she could do it with her toy vacuum.

"I can't find any short-sleeved pants." -Elise

Carter: Wanna know my secret weapon?
Me: What?
Carter: Why. When daddy says no, why always gets him to stop and think.

Carter: I can't wait for Sra. Benitez's class today because we're going to do a project and it's going to be so much fun!
Me (thinking it's going to be some fun science experiment): What is it?
Carter: I get to write 5 paragraphs about whatever I want and I'm going to research and write about hamsters!

"It scares me to see Skippy come out of his vent." -Carter in reference to the little hidey hole Ty made for Skippy's kitty litter box

"Daddy, since you're dirty, will you get my marker I accidentally threw in the trash can?" -Elise

"You've done a lot today, I will serve dinner." -Elise (said on a day I didn't go to work because I took the day off to volunteer on her field trip. Not sure what she thinks I normally do at work, but going on her field trip was a relaxing day for me compared to my normal job, haha!)

Carter asked me to snuggle him so I was laying in bed with him and he said, "When I'm laying with you, I feel like I'm in the safest place in the world." Melted my heart!

Elise walking behind me in the hall, "I like your bouncy butt!"

We got a light dusting of snow (in mid-November) and Carter spent the rest of the morning walking around singing about Christmas and then in the car asked to "listen to a Christmas soundtrack".

"You know how your tooth has those shing shing things that stick up into your gums?" -Carter

We went to Breakfast with Santa at the zoo. When we got there Elise wanted to go straight back to eat so we could make sure we sat right by Santa. It wasn't until that moment that I realized she thought we were all sitting at a table with Santa to eat breakfast.

Elise: That Mother Nature Restaurant is so good! Do you like it?
Me: I don't think I've ever been there. What kind of food does it have?
After she described it, I realized she was talking about Mother Road Market.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Poor Elise wanting to sit right by Santa. I'm glad you have a bouncy butt. haha

    ReplyDelete