Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Kindness Fun Run

My mom signed us all up for a Kindness Virtual Run. I plan to do a 10k at some point. The kids wanted to do a fun run for theirs. November 1st I had to cut my run short so when I got home I suggested we do the mile fun run so I could make up my missed mile and they were really excited about it. It was perfect weather for it so we got shoes on and leashed Tesla up.



They picked our course and just ran randomly where they wanted to go. I told them at one point we probably needed to turn around soon so we would be home at a mile. They wanted to keep going so they could run down a big hill by our house. We ended up hitting a mile at the bottom of the hill and decided to walk home. Elise wanted to keep running and asked if she could run a longer mile sometime. We decided sometime she would run longer than a mile but we'd walk home this time. As we were walking up the hill a wasp landed on her and when Carter found out what happened he screamed and ran back down the hill. He apologized for running away later and I told him it was actually a good thing because I only had to worry about keeping the wasp away from Elise. I held her dress up and away from her skin so the wasp wouldn't sting her if it decided to sting and tried to convince it to fly away. It just wouldn't fly away so I had to kill it. The kids both ran the whole way and we finished the mile in 10:18. 




On our walk home Carter came up with a game to play called "Badder" which we changed to "Worse" since that would be the appropriate word for it. You had to come up with something bad and everyone else tried to think of something worse. Elise kept saying different things stabbed into your heart for her worse thing. At one point I said, "Not getting to eat macaroni and cheese again for the rest of your life." Elise just screamed and ran away which was hilarious! We also played "Better" but the kids didn't think that was as much fun. Our walk home was so much fun. I'm so glad my mom signed us up for these fun virtual runs because it's so much fun to go for a run with the kids but it's not something I would sign up for myself.


2 comments:

  1. Their outfits match well, too. What a cute game to play. I can't imagine Elise being able to live with no more mac and cheese. haha

    ReplyDelete