I recently saw a reel where someone shared their favorite reads from each year since they started tracking their reading. I thought it would be fun to do so I'm sharing my favorite book I've read every year since I started really tracking in 2018. It was fun to do this so far removed from when I read the books because I could pick out the books that still stand out to me and I still think about years later.
2018- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. This was really close with The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri. I still think about both books frequently.
2019- Beartown by Fredrik Backman
2020- This is a tough one. My immediate choice was Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid because I remember not being able to stop reading it and I still think about it. Then I saw Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver on the list and I still think about that one all the time! But then Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson was on the list and it completely changed my thinking about our justice system.
2021- World of Wonders: In Praise of Fireflies, Whale Sharks, and Other Astonishments by Aimee Nezhumatathil. I'm going with this one because I loved it so much and am always searching for books like it. Also went with it because the other standout was My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman and I already have a Fredrik Backman on the list, but he's my favorite, so it's hard not to have him all over this!
2022- Our Missing Hearts by Celeste Ng
2023- Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson & Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir
2024- A Grandmother Begins the Story by Michelle Porter
2025- My favorite book so far this year has been Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
No comments:
Post a Comment